I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Laugh

Laugh and the world laughs at u. Cry and you cry alone. What do they mean by saying that, whoever said it? Does it mean that we all should become nothing but clowns, the inside so very different from what is shown on the outside? That we all should paint big red smiles over our drooping mouths and just cover up all the hurt, the pain, the care within us that makes us weep? Or does it mean that there’s really no one there to share your grief, and that there’s no real reason why nobody cares enough to cry with you, it’s just the way things are?? Looking at all those caring friends and family around me, I should think that this ‘universal truth’ doesn’t really apply to anyone-except me. Sure, I have friends and family, but there’s no one who would cry because I’m crying, there’s no shoulder to even cry upon, and there’s no one to hold me up. Maybe no one knows or no one even cares that I need some support. Or maybe Allah has decided that I’m strong enough to cope with not only my own problems, but provide a strong support for others myself…hmmm…maybe that’s it. Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs at you, God laughs at you, the sky laughs at you, the wind, the sun, the stars, the clouds laugh at you, all your loved ones laugh at u…until, finally, somewhere in the deep, dark chambers of your mind something, and idea, a thought, starts to glow, and you finally learn to laugh at yourself

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*clears throat*

Being able to handle your problems without external support is, well, cool. Being able to support others simultaneously is cooler. But do you know what's the coolest: God doesn't laugh at you. Even if the whole goddamn world laughs at you, God doesn't. He listens to your cries, and I am sure you know that nobody can console you in the way God does.

And sometimes people around you won't cry with you because they don't want to hurt you more. (Kinda philosophical, but that's what I think. I may be wrong.)

As for that 'universal truth', you don't need to be a clown. Clowns are crazy.

3/03/2005 09:36:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Laugh and the world laughs at u. Cry and you cry alone."

I agree with this ATY. And its not necessarily a bad thing. Its just a fact of life that we accept, like the acceptance of the fact that we are born alone and will die alone. We don't get keep getting upset about that all our life, do we? I, by no means, mean to be mean (lol! one weird sentence) I guess I'm just trying to show to you the better side of the bad picture?

About the support thing, you say that you have friends and family around you. If that is true, I promise you there are people out there who want to help you through bad times. If you say you are there for others, I am positive there are those who would want to be there for you. Sometimes those people just come out on their own, but sometimes you've got to go and claim your shoulder, your refuge, your support, your heaven. Sometimes you have to open up to people to make them cry with you. I know this isn't much consolation but your post made me feel very sad. I CANNOT believe you when you say there is no one who cares, coz I know there are many. Maybe they need you to take the first step.

Like Sadaat said, Allah does not laugh at us. If we cry, He helps us. I know its great and admirably strong of you to be able to handle your problems on your own, but sometimes, just sometimes we need support. Claim yours when you need it.

3/04/2005 11:23:00 AM

 
Blogger ATY said...

uffff u guys...ok, listen up, i do not, i repeat do NOT have any bitterness towards anyone-bitterness is not a part of me. it's just that i can't complain abt stuff, i feel too much like all my worries are just stupid, and if i share em w/ anyone they'll think of me as a whining baby. so i never expect anyone to be there for me, but i do expect to be there for everyone whenever they need me.
and i think that God maybe does laugh at all of us; He knows how trivial the thngs are that make us cry.

3/06/2005 05:31:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is God. Even our most gigantic problems are so trivial for him - everything is so trivial for Him. But there's one thing: He must have a great sense of humour.

3/07/2005 04:21:00 AM

 
Blogger ATY said...

well said...a great sense of humour and a great sense of planning every life out...it makes my head spin to think of all the calculating God does..and it isn't a bit difficult for Him

3/07/2005 07:17:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

Atleast quote it verbatim.

A realistic picture lyrically drawn by Elizabeth Wheeler Wilcox, I guess. Google to confirm.

3/30/2005 03:05:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home