I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Saturday, February 12, 2005

fakeing

don't know y i always portray such a negative view of myself in my poems, i guess that's how people have always made me feel.... i wrote this thingy in class 9 too, when i was about 12 or 13...and i still feel like this, only more intensely than ever. FAKE Yes, I’m nothing No, I don’t feel Of course I’m happy Every wound will heal Sure, I’m the lowliest That He could make And I’m so content With the gladness I fake Nothing inside that I can see Nothing outside that you can perceive Just a fake, a sham, With a painted smile Just a doll to adorn With a heart as bile A wax mask covering my hideous face; A farce of lies veiling my life False tears glossing over my eyes how will you ever try to see inside? And so I’m at ease I have to be For I’m a fake That none can see I can’t change it So here I’m feeling Just living with it But no wounds are healing

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now THATS a poem full of hidden stories.

just remember - life is too short to pretend you're someone else.

2/12/2005 03:27:00 PM

 
Blogger Un-deciphered said...

The rest of the poem is really good and something that can be related to. But there are just two lines which, maybe it's just the way i understood it, i seriously disagree with.

"Sure, I’m the lowliest
That He could make"

I would explain how, but I would prolly fail with my words sounding like something i didn't intend.

2/13/2005 01:36:00 AM

 
Blogger ATY said...

fatima: life's seems too short for anything, doesn't it?...i just don't think anyone wud like the real me

un-deciphered:thank u for commenting again...u must understand that my feelings differ fom time to time, and sometimes i just feel like that....even lowlir than the slimiest insect crawling under a stone

chij: i don't suppose u really think i'm like that, u're just saying that to be nice, but thanks anyway

2/16/2005 07:07:00 AM

 
Blogger Un-deciphered said...

Hmmm, I suppose that if you look at it from a specfic angle, your lines do make a lot of sense.

For me, "pessimism" and "self-degradation" (as my friend likes to call it) works. It keeps me humble, and urges me to reach out further.

So, whatever works for you. Best of luck!

2/16/2005 09:35:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home