I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Unfinished for eternity

I have absolutely no originality in me. There’s this ajeeb poem that I’ve been working on for days…and all at once, it just stopped and refused to go on. A poem’s never complete, but it always has SOME degree of finality about it towards the end of the lines, doesn’t it? I hate it when this happens…. because in the case of poems like these, I tend to forget them and when I look at them after a year or so…they just disgust me!!! And furthermore, I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about here….of course this is a love poem…but who am I in love with anyway? I don’t have time to even develop the smallest crush on anyone…so where did this come from? Anyway, just read it and spit on it if you don’t like it. I think you see it in my eyes, That you perceive the light Shining from the gaping darkness; Just a reflection of your smile. Might be that you have also heard In my silence, the softly cursing words Condemning my childlike heart and soul For their foolish gamble--to love once more Or do you hear the cries in the laughter? Within the gentleness, the pain? And the whispered declarations, In every word that I don’t say? Did the nightingale sing of it last night? Having heard it from the moon? Which must be weary of my cries, I’m sure For I wail your name to it alone Did the impish wind put it in your ear? Playing with your hair, in its immoral guise, Did it tell the truth, of my grief so pure? Having known it from my ceaseless sighs? Or was it me that came at last and told you in your dreams? Or was it the ocean? The tears I dropped; did it splash those tears on thee? ha ha...wishful think there, subconscious! if i liked anyone that way, they'll never get a hint of it...can't stop laughing at my own dreams...

2 Comments:

Blogger ATY said...

my god, u start giving a lecture when u finally DO get around to commenting!
lol...well thanks dearie but i still think it's too incomplete and i can never forcefully add a stanza to any poem

1/22/2005 12:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Niqabi said...

awww...ATY that was nice. Brilliant. Awesome . Ace and other synonyms you can think of :P
No bhai, I mean it . Although I don't have any poetic sense but I can 'feel' that its really good or Chij-Bachee wouldn't have left a flattering comment :D
salaams

1/23/2005 01:49:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home