I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Intro

Emily Dickinson once introduced herself with two day lilies, which she put into a stranger’s hands. Her words were: ‘These are my introduction…Forgive me if I am frightened, I never meet strangers and hardly know what I say--’ Appearing like this on screen, I cannot put any lilies into your hands. Black roses will define me better, anyway. Still I hesitate to give an introduction that you may understand, for I may not be what I will describe myself as in prose, and I don’t wish to mislead anyone. All I can say is that it’s very hard for me to start this blog, but start it I must. So as of now, I can just ask you to be content with these two verses that may, or may not, give my introduction. I’m not only frightened, I’m scared stiff. Day Lily 1: One spark, a glance Of fleeting life Is all that you will see There may be wonders, but then I am So removed from my entity Day Lily 2: There’s a myriad of stars That could be in my eyes But the starlight so vital Is just for you to provide There’s so much of fantasy That may arise If you would only consent to be My angel in disguise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home