I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Friday, February 25, 2005

no more no less

Time to blog again….well, I’ve had a perfectly ordinary week…learnt a few things, destroyed a few more, had my tussles with people, got irritated by many more….and on and on and on… But I’ve learnt to learn something from everything that happens to me. I have some kind of weird thing with making lists for every little thing, so here goes: This week I’ve learnt that: 1) Those who really love you would stop themselves from crying in front of you for no one’s sake but your own; no matter how bad or wicked a thing you did to them or to yourself. 2) When a friend is simply unreasonable, and calls at you to rant at you over and over again after making your life hell at school, you can’t always calm her down by being patient. And if she thinks she owns u to such an extent that u can’t even ‘play’ with some friends with whom she isn’t exactly on the best of terms with, she’s just talking crap. If she has a problem with it, she doesn’t have to yell at me every day to make her point clear. So the simple thing to do is: the next time she calls to scream at you even in the not-so-safe haven of your home, all you can do is SCREAM right back…vent your frustration over the phone, there’s no fear of getting disconnected, and no danger of losing your control and hitting her. She won’t hang up. She’ll calm down and apologize, and actually be normal again for the first time in three whole weeks. And, thankfully, grow up a little tiny bit. 3) Sure ppl can change for the better in even one second (one of my favorite theories), but they can also change for the worse. Or maybe they hadn’t ever changed…but when you get to know that some persons are, by nature, corrupt, it’s a better idea to stay away from them. 4) It’s good to share complicated messes with your mother, as she’ll give the best and safest advice, but definitely not about love affairs and stuff like that. 5) You can freak out just about anybody on the net while chatting by praising them, saying that you’re awed and inspired by them, or just telling weird things abt urself. Chatting is the best way to do this as ur facial expressions won’t give you away then. 6) Even when you jokingly tell a person that you love them, they take you so seriously and start talking about why they shouldn’t (when they DON’T want you to love them, of course)….that you start being serious urself…and then that person doesn’t believe you when you tell them that you weren’t joking at first. Lord, give me strength….to joke or not to joke, that is the question! 7) Shakespeare is simply GREAT when translated into Punjabi! If only Shakespeare were born here! New things that have happened this week: 1) I’m the problem guru for some friends…just hope Allah would guide me in consoling and advising them. 2) My teachers were previously about 99.9% crazy. Now, however, they are officially 100000000000% mentally disturbed!!!!!!! 3) My nani’s gone back to Karachi…. I’ll miss her: (it’s very hard not to miss a person who has tried so hard for two months every year for the past 11 years to make me the perfect wife for a non-existent guy…and I say non-existent cuz there’s no one whom I’ll marry…. I’m just not the type of person to marry; but I haven’t yet worked up the guts to tell my nani that yet. 4) The British Council is trying to kill me! Seriously! I got a letter yesterday announcing that I was to go to yet another ceremony…God knows why or when or even where! Anyway, even I don’t attach much importance to this, so I’m not gonna tell anyone when it is, when I’m going and when I’ll be back…I only told this here cuz I don’t want some school friends to hear abt it after the ceremony and think that I’m keeping tings from them…and this way, I’ll avoid any questions. So we won’t have to go through all that happened after the first one….i hope you understand. 5) I actually had an oracle dream! Well, kind of…but the dream and what happened the next day were definitely linked.

3 Comments:

Blogger Niqabi said...

You write sooo well !
I dnt feel like blogging anymore :(
I'm not gonna reply to each point like Chij because I'm making out that this post hasn't got a bit to do with me.

I didn't understand this point tho:'Those who really love you would stop themselves from crying in front of you for no one’s sake but your own'--wha'a??!!
Over point 6, I sympathise with my poor cousin :P Isn't she an angel? Believing everything n all ?:D

2/26/2005 06:41:00 PM

 
Blogger ATY said...

chij: ok, that wasn't EXACTLY joking...i wuz jes tryin to freak u out like i said in point no. 5...thick bandi...hurt bhi ho jati hai...what to do with her...ufff...

niqabi: how do u know the post didn't relate to u? do u know what my oracle dream was abt?...and the crying thingy u knew abt....what i told u abt my mom finding out...remember?

2/27/2005 05:00:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn. you wouldn't want a male chauvinist pig to ruin it for you chickies.

I just dont like it when people spell God wrong. If you want to be irreverent, why just not simply go for Dog.

3/30/2005 03:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home