I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Talking of books, is anyone here interested in Harry Potter? I know chij bachee is, dunno bout the rest….anyway, has anyone read the sixth one? I was a Potterhead a few years back, but then I guess I grew out of all that hype…I just read the books now, instead of raving over them and trying to write ‘Unfinished tales’ of Harry Potter in my spare time. But the sixth book was a bit of a disappointment. Sure, it was exciting to have it there in my hands, but I don’t think it was worth the wait. When I finished the fifth book, all I wanted was the sixth book-urgently. But there are a lot of boring and possibly sadistic ppl in the world, and apparently, Rowling’s one of them…she kept it so long I forgot how the darned story went! Anyway, it isn’t like the Half Blood prince is BAD, it’s just gotten a bit too monotonous. I think I can safely say that it is the worst in the series…it just leaves too, too much for the seventh book to reveal. Or maybe I juts didn’t find it that exciting because my darling, sneaky, idiot cousins told me who was the doomed major character fated to die in the book, and who the Half blood prince was. *sigh* why does this happen to me? Well, let me know who has read the book so I can tell u something, this theory that a friend cooked up about the end of the book…I can’t say it now in case someone hasn’t read it and will kill me for revealing anything.

3 Comments:

Blogger One in the crowd said...

Waj has...and Arvind has, he told me he didnt want to read the seventh one anymore...pretty much every Potterhead i know of is disappointed...anyway...as for me, i was never caught by Pottermania so I never bothered reading any of them...

8/11/2005 09:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Gia said...

Yeah...so ullas has said it all..
yar seriously it was such a bore!
even i had to skip some pages to keep myself interested in the book...
i dunno what rowling is doing...just minting money! i dunno how the 7th part would be.
so tell me the theory ur friend cooked up?

8/12/2005 12:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Gia said...

i visited the blog u recommended...read some musings..
man! the girl is bloody brilliant!!!!!

8/13/2005 01:09:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home