I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Monday, July 04, 2005

Last days of blogging for a month…at least in Lahore, anyway. But there’s been enough talk about Karachi and the sea and the heat too…so no more of that. Anyways, my little sister is growing up. Of course that’s a fact, we’re all growing every minute, every second. But it seems so strange to me to see that little tyke become taller and taller every day...when I can remember the days she was just a soft little baby still so innocent of the cold, harsh world. She’s not so innocent now, even for a 9 year old, she’s pretty much aware of everything that goes around her. it’s strange but what’s even stranger is that she’s like me in so many ways. She doesn’t resemble me at all, and she’s much smarter than I was in grade 4…I was a pretty stupid kid at age 9, if I remember correctly. But sometimes it’s so uncanny…it’s almost like watching urself grow up…she has exactly the same reactions to certain events as I did…she speaks phrases which iu can remember speaking at her age…she played with her dolls (she’s too old for them now, according to herself), making up elaborate stories just like I did…and plus, she’s a bookworm. She sits in the exact same posture as my 9 year old self, hunches over her book and doesn’t hear a word of whatever the ppl around her are saying! That’s me to a tee…no more, no less. It’s like watching urself grow up…now I know how difficult I must have bee with my parents…she’s also got the same perfectionist tendencies as I still do…goes into hysterics when there’s a test tomorrow or the results are coming soon…and becomes almost uncontrollable with worry and tension. Yeah, that’s me, but she’s getting these symptoms too early for her own good…don’t grow up too fast Eesha… MSN WILL U CHALLOFY???????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home