I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

it's raining!!!

It’s raining, it’s falling The old man is snoring He went to bed And he bumped his head And he didn’t get up till the morning Why do nursery rhymes always have to be so cruel? An old man bumps his head, which can be pretty dangerous, the baby cradle falls, everyone dies in ‘Ring a ring of roses’ (btw, did anyone know that was a song about smallpox?); even ‘Happy birthday’ is littered with references to the birthday person in a zoo. Ah…always wanted to get that out of my system…yeah, so it’s raining now, it’s not so much like an oven here, then. I simply love the rain, one thing I especially like is the way everything becomes so much brighter and cleaner (except the roads). All the good things in life feel even better in the rain; the feeling you get after taking a good long shower, drinking a mango milkshake, writing, finishing, and editing poems, or just snuggling down with a good book. When u look out of the car window in the rain, the world is all blurred, but it suddenly seems a better place than the real world…I don’t know how to explain it…but it doesn’t look real. Then you get confused; are the bright tress and grass outside real, or the window you’re looking out of? By the way, has anyone read a really good book lately? I can’t find any more of the books on the book list the lit teacher gave us, and I’ve finished the ones I bought. (Warning: please dun read Madame Bovary, it’s just too boring compared with ‘One hundred years of solitude’)…so anyway, please gimme a good suggestion quickly; I’ve had to revert to my li’l sis’s Malory Towers books! (They’re lovely, but I just feel to childish reading Enid Blyton now)

4 Comments:

Blogger One in the crowd said...

It's sad that I haven't read much...I need to settle down out here and then I will get back to it I guess...

I read ur comments in one of my previous posts, about the smoking thing...ok, now here is something I am proud of...if u notice my orkut profile, what once read
Smoking: Heavily is now
Smoking: Regularly...I have majorly cut down...

8/08/2005 12:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Gia said...

yup, rains are awesome...though it didnt rain much in khi..or i would say i didnt rain at all..
and abt any good book..hehe..wanna read some from the medical side???
i guess..no :p

8/08/2005 02:09:00 AM

 
Blogger One in the crowd said...

@ chij bachee...

didn't u like heart of darkness? i thought it was fabulous...though that's the only one I have read from Conrad...

8/08/2005 03:09:00 AM

 
Blogger ATY said...

thank u so much ppl, u're a REAL help...fine, as u haven't done anything...i can but read this disgusting danielle steel novel(yuckie)
ok, chij yaar if u found solitude boring then don't read madame bovary...u'll go mad.
yaar i read picture of dorian gray a long time back...oscar wilde is simply awesome! his plays are just too cool

8/08/2005 07:23:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home