I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Why is my mind always divided in a thousand and one different directions? Why can’t I ever feel just one thing at a time, instead of having these numerous conflicting emotional attitudes pull my brains about and leave them feeling like wet spaghetti? Why is everything always in differing shades of gray, and not just black and white? Hm…maybe it just makes life all the more interesting, but it can get very, very tiring at times. Even if I’m thinking the most trivial of thoughts, I have to look at every possible perspective in detail, why, when, how, what…I just can’t seem to give myself peace. But it still isn’t enough…according to one of my literature teachers, we use a very tiny percent of the brain on average, and no one has ever explored all the parts of the brain to their full potential. Maybe it just isn’t within human capacity to do it. Speaking of literature, I had the most AMAZING literature class on Friday; usually I find the classes with this teacher really boring and completely uiseless, compared with the other two, although this one is supposed to be the most brilliant teacher of the lot. It’s just that we seem to be moving really slowly in her classes, and maybe she thinks us stupid or what, but I just don’t enjoy myself in this particular class…but THIS one was just great. We didn’t discuss the text, but went over one chapter, and then a friend S started asking all this stuff abt some books she had read (which I had read a few years ago)…and man, they turned out to really be something lese! I don’t know how to describe it, but the talk turned to Sufism and such topics, about how the real Sufi just spent his life crying and lamenting that he couldn’t see the Beloved, that he couldn’t attain the unattainable(like the Romantic poets). Anyway...I’m sure if Em Tiddi or chij are reading this, they would have fallen asleep by now, just like they did in the very same class during this discussion (PS: maybe if you guys sat in the first row for once instead of forever hiding in the second, you might get over your fear of literature…which I know you both are not dropping because the other is there :D) So, this is almost my last post…my SAT 1 was finally over and done with today…if you really want to know, it was one of the most mind-numbing, lengthy and physically uncomfortable test I have ever given in my life…what with that idiot American woman constantly highlighting the distinctions of American English over British, making us get up after every two or three section to bend down and touch our toes, stretch our legs (without walking) and still emphasizing that ‘you people make us monsters, but we’re not…I am not a monster…blah blah blah…’-well, you can guess what it was like. And here’s just a li’l piece of news that is the best thing that’s happened all last week...my cousin had twins last Friday! My cousins were always getting married and having kids ever since I was a tiny tot, but this is the very first time I have heard of TWINS in my family! It’s such a big thing for me…I went to see them the day after they were born and they were just abt the most darling little cuties you’ve ever seen in my life…and I just held the little girl in my arms for abt an hour…the boy was in blue, and the girl in pink (though my cousin, who was hovering around constantly, insisted that he’d switched their clothes)…and I just watched the little angel sleep while the little devil screamed and cried in my mother’s arms. Well, this post must come to an end now, seeing that I’ve filled one whole page in Word, and I should be studying AGAIN (this time it’s A Grain of Wheat) *sigh*

5 Comments:

Blogger Un-deciphered said...

Hey! Congratulations on those twins!! (although i'm confused as to why i'm congratulating you :S)

Leiken i was smiling so much as i read about it, that i had to post i guess. :S

5/07/2005 11:41:00 AM

 
Blogger Maha said...

I appreciate your concern about us enjoying literature, but i would rather sit and hide at the back talking to a friend anyday! You can read about Sufism whenever you want to, but you can't have little meaningful conversations like the one's from lit class all the time!

I'm glad I take lit(even though its a freakishly annyoing subject!) and yea, you're right, i won't drop it as long as chij n i r in it together!!

good luck with the exams n studyin n all!

5/08/2005 04:09:00 AM

 
Blogger Niqabi said...

Yeah same here. I'm NOT going to drop literature as long as em tiddi and chij are in it togaEther.

5/08/2005 09:49:00 AM

 
Blogger ATY said...

undeciphered: so u decided to comment after all those years...i thought u were dead

em tiddi: see? i'm alwasy rite abt this stuff ;)

niqabi: i kno u're only jking, u're like, the most active member of the lit class aren't u? chij and em dun have anything to do w/ it :D

chij: i never discussed or ever knew waht sufism was EXACTLY, but still i luved the duscussion...maybe u and em cud like something even if u've never heard of it b4

5/08/2005 12:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Maha said...

nah aty, liking something without knowing what its about...thats a long shot for people like chij and myself:P

5/09/2005 03:52:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home