I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Monday, March 28, 2005

Finally, I am back, and I must admit it can’t be too soon for me. I hate traveling in cars, as a rule; they’re much too cramped and you never get any peace. Plus, the ride is way too long. On top of that, the constant motion tires me and makes everyone else cranky too. So driving all the way to first Islamabad and then Murree with one grumpy older sister and one bratty younger sister, one nagging mother and an uptight father wasn’t exactly an experience to remember. One might say that I’m ungrateful, but I can’t help it. I mean, I never wanted to take the trip in the first place. I wanted to get my notes neat and my homework done, and I also wanted to start studying for the SAT test I have to give on may 7, and I wanted to RELAX, not to spend the holidays in some freezing hotel in Murree where the bathrooms are not so good, and you never get any decent fast food. What about fun? There was still some snow left, and we did some shopping, but it was definitely NOT worth all that tension and hassle of being stuck together for four days. I love solitude and peace, and that is exactly what I did not get these holidays. Maybe I could have seen some bright spots in my holiday, but my suffering state does not allow me to view this idiot time-waster as anything else but. I’ve got one of those irritating temperatures that leave you feeling exhausted but are just a mite above the 99 degrees point so if I miss school I’ll probably feel too guilty for making such a fuss-and it doesn’t impress anyone much, either. My complexion’s a mess from the extreme temperatures we had to endure, and the stupid fool of a doctor has prescribed several antibiotics for me for this li’l swelling I had in my eye(which is now perfectly all right, but the medicines have to continue). Anyways, maybe I’ll be updating regularly, maybe I won’t. Never make promises, because it always guarantees that you will break them(New motto thought up on the spot)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home