I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The unavoidable new year's post

I once read this theory about why time seemed to fly by much quicker when you’re old than when you’re young; why one year seems an eternity to a five-year old and yet is just a year to a middle-aged person or even a teenager. It’s because each year represents a bigger slice of life to a five-year old, than it does to you or me. I guess that’s what is happening to me. 2005 just…came and went. Just like that. So much happened in it; and now it’s passed so quickly. I remember the time I went online and read all those blogs about the New Year when 2004 came to an end. I never knew what a special year this was going to be. Sweet sixteen, a dark mind and soul, rebellious, trying to break out of whatever I had been for the last fifteen years…that was me. That’s what I am still, but only on the outside. I’ve changed. I can explain how, but…the change involves my perspective of all who would read this post and all the people they know…so I choose not to explain. I’m just more satisfied, more content, more happy with myself, and happy with others. I know how to handle situations, I know what to do and what not to do, and I’ve learnt to make mistakes and live with them if they can’t be put right. But the final result of this musing is that—it’s been a GREAT year. Tough, but great. My distinction, surprise birthday party, talking to online friends on the phone for the first time, getting to meet the President, getting closer to my friends and family then ever before, watching my cousin’s daughter learn to walk, talk, and dance…the list could go on and on…to things that no one would be interested in… Anyhow, I just want you to know that I love you all…may you have the best of the future, may Allah give you all that you ask for, may you always be my friend and may you live to see many, many more Happy New Years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you so optimistic about the past year, it's so nice to have someone say they're more happy and content with themselves and other people. May 2006 bring for you more happiness and contentment..and yeah, more distinctions too ;) We have the final A'Level literature ready for ya!

1/01/2006 10:39:00 AM

 
Blogger One in the crowd said...

So, what you are essentially saying here is that 2005 has been full of JOY for you...my reaction is simple..."it's only natural"...

Wish you a very happy new year...have a great time ahead...

1/01/2006 08:54:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home