I'm climbing a spiral staircase and not hoping to turn again...

Monday, November 06, 2006

what a time to post...i'm doing this not because i havetime, but because my fingers are frozen and this is the best way to warm them up before my calculus quiz. My college doesn't seem to realize that it is officially winter in Lahore now, and hence have not switched off the blasted air conditioning. So what with the early morning chills and the north-pole atmoshpere of Lab 2, i'm fairly expecting to see icicles on the tables. The other day, while attending an economics lecture, the classroom was so cold that it became impossible to study-all we could do was scrunch ourselves over in an effort to keep warm, while the hostelites ran out to get their jackets from their rooms...lucky bastards...it was like a labour camp in winter for the rest of us. But yes, the humour is always there with us (or at least me), cuz we started singing 'just chill chill, just chill' under our frozen breaths. Tobah we'll never get over our cheapness... and my fingers are not warm yet... the other day i met this really cool senior (4th year), and talking with her was such an uplifting experience that i simply hav to type it down. I dunno y it's so abt certain ppl, but they're just so natural and humble that u feel like talking to them somehow, even if it's just a trivial conversation. The fact is, she was so down-to-earth, and she actually admitted that she wasn't the typical LUMS crowd-no societies, wasn't a TA, and she had no qualms abt sitting with two freshmen when there were plenty of seniors around. Actually, i wonder if i wud hav liked her as much if she hadn't assured me that the literature and psychology faculty were simply brilliant here. When other ppl hear that i plan to major in SS, u shud just see their faces-they're incredulous! either they think it's a lot of khapp for nothing, or they think it's a soft option compared to ACF or econ or maths or CS or the other 'paisay walay' majors. But Tooba (the senior) has been one of the few ppl to encourage me in this--and uptil now, it has been only seniors who hav encouraged me--why, oh why can't I relate to ppl my own age?? chalo then, my fingers are still frozen, but at least they can move by themselves...me going to study for calculus....pray 4 me plz, i'm hopeless at it :(

2 Comments:

Blogger One in the crowd said...

You were singing "just chill chill"? You need to get a life...btw, haven't you all thought of damaging school property ever? That used to be at the back of my mind all the time.You can actually start with the AC.

11/07/2006 02:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Gia said...

your fingers are frozen? WHAT THE...
i sweat like anything whever im in college..ITS SO HOT IN KARACHI..
i envy you guys so much i swear..

oh well..do tell me the meaning of *KHAPP*..

11/08/2006 09:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home